Following refurbishment of the Swan Wing, the Royal Shakespeare Company have opened a major new exciting exhibition "The Play’s The Thing"
Here you will learn the secrets and stories from more than 100 years of theatre-making and discover the ideas, inspiration and amazing craft in the work of the world’s most famous theatre company.
Discover rarely-seen treasures from the museum and archive: weird and wonderful props, exquisite costumes, and original set designs. Get hands-on and celebrate the creativity behind the scenes.
- Director’s ‘desk’ – discover the inspiration behind some of the RSC's most acclaimed shows
- Play Hamlet alongside actor Ewart James Walter, using state-of-the-art gaming technology
- Magic Costume Mirror – try on virtual costumes and take a photo
- Dress up in the dressing room and take part in the Quick Change Challenge.
- Discover some of the gory details of theatre-making through the A-Z of Shakespeare’s secrets and stories
- The story-generator - create quick and fun version of Shakespeare plays
Location: Swan Reading Room, Swan Theatre
Time: 10am – 6pm
Admission: Adult £8.50 Child £4.25 (Under 18)
All kids go free on Sundays, and in the Warwickshire school holidays - not available online.